Easy and delicious side dish for any meal. Roasting brings out the sweetness of the carrots and parsnips. Delish!!
Roasted carrots and parsnips are an easy and tasty side dish. You can add various seasonings, but I like them best with just a little bit of salt and pepper. This is a great side dish with any meat dish, chicken, beef, pork and even with fish.
Roasted Carrots and Parsnips
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 4 people 1x
- Category: Side Dish
- Cuisine: American
Easy and delicious side dish for any meal
- 1 ½ pounds of carrots, washed. Ends cut and removed (about 5 large carrots)
- 1 pound parsnips, peeled. Ends cut and removed (about 3 medium)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F
- Line sheet ½ size (18 " x 13") sheet pan (affiliate link) with parchment paper, silicone baking mat, or pan release.
- Slice carrots and parsnips into 1-inch thick diagonal slices. Place the carrots and parsnips on the sheet pan.
- Add the olive oil, salt, and pepper. Toss well.
- Place sheet pan in oven and roast for 20-30 minutes. Halfway through baking toss vegetables. Vegetables should be tender. If you prefer them to be softer, bake 5-10 minutes longer.
- Serving Size: ¾ cup
- Calories: 215
- Sugar: 13.5 g
- Sodium: 419.4 mg
- Fat: 7.7 g
- Carbohydrates: 36.7 g
- Protein: 2.9 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Did you make this recipe? Let me know!