Breakfast Croissant Sandwiches are the perfect way to start your day. This delicious croissant breakfast sandwich features fluffy eggs, melted cheese, and crispy bacon nestled within a buttery croissant. They are great for weekday make-ahead breakfasts or special weekend brunches!
Last summer, my son went to Disneyland and sent me a pic of his breakfast - a mouthwatering croissant sandwich with crispy bacon, fluffy scrambled eggs, and melted cheese.
When I saw it, I had to create my version of the sandwich, so here's a simple recipe. Make them ahead for a quick, delicious breakfast on busy mornings, bringing joy to your day with little effort
This breakfast sandwich is also perfect for a brunch crowd! Give it a try for your next gathering, You and your guests will be glad you did!
Why You Will Love This Breakfast Sandwich!
- You will be thrilled at how easy and fast these sandwiches are to make!
- The recipe is easy to scale up or down depending on how many people you serve.
- Make the sandwiches ahead of time for busy mornings.
- Kids, as well as adults, love them.
Ingredients To Make This Recipe
For specific quantities, refer to the recipe card below.
- Eggs-This recipe calls for large eggs.
- Bacon-I prefer using thick-sliced bacon for these sandwiches, but thin-sliced bacon will also do the job.
- Large croissants-You don't have to go for fancy or expensive croissants. Many grocery stores have croissants available in their bakery section. For this recipe, I opted for my favorite croissants from Costco. They are great for this recipe.
- Cheese-Colby Jack or Cheddar cheese work perfectly for this recipe. Opt for grated cheese instead of slices to easily distribute it over the eggs. If you prefer, you can use sliced cheese to save yourself from the grating step.
How To Make These Sandwiches
For detailed instructions, refer to the recipe card below.
Arrange bacon in a single layer on an aluminum paper-lined sheet pan.
Bake in a 450°F oven until brown and crisp.
Whisk eggs and salt until well combined and no streaks of egg whites are visible.
Cook until the eggs are just set.
Slice the croissants in half and place them cut sides up on a sheet pan.
Arrange 2 slices of bacon on each croissant bottom.
Distribute the scrambled eggs on the bacon and sprinkle the cheese evenly over the top of the eggs.
Place the top of the croissant on the cheese and bake the sandwiches until the cheese melts and the tops are slightly browned.
The breakfast croissant sandwiches are so mouthwateringly good that you will want to eat one every morning!
Feel free to substitute your favorite cheese. Hvarti, Gouda, Sharp Cheddar, and Colby Jack are all good options.
To make this a vegetarian breakfast sandwich, leave off the bacon.
Make Ahead Tips
There are two ways to make these ahead of time:
- The day before serving the breakfast sandwich, cook the bacon, grate the cheese, cut the croissants in half and whisk the eggs. Cover and refrigerate. The next day, cook the eggs, assemble the sandwiches and heat them according to the directions in the recipe card.
- Make the sandwiches. Cool them completely. Wrap them in foil or plastic wrap and refrigerate them. When you are ready to eat the sandwiches, heat them according to the directions in the recipe card.
Cool leftover sandwiches completely. Store sandwiches in plastic wrap or foil in the refrigerator for up to three days.
Reheat sandwiches by unwrapping them and either placing them on a plate and heat in the microwave on high for 30-60 seconds or until hot or heat them on a baking sheet in the oven at 325 F for 10-15 minutes.
Note: Heating the sandwiches in the microwave will make a a softer sandwich. Whereas baking them in the oven crisps the croissants. I prefer to bake them.
Wrap cooled sandwiches in plastic wrap or foil and place them in a resealable plastic bag. They can be held in the freezer for up to 1 month.
To reheat, place the sandwiches in the refrigerator overnight and follow the directions above for reheating.
Don't Miss this Tip
To cut the croissants, a bread knife or a serrated steak knife works best. Using a regular chef's knife is not recommended as it may damage the delicate pastry.
Smaller croissants work well, but consider halving the filling ingredients or using more croissants to avoid leftover filling.
It is easy to scale this recipe. Use the button in the top right-hand corner of the recipe card to scale the recipe.
While you could use other types of bread, they won't quite match the indulgent experience of a croissant. Trust me, once you've tasted a buttery, flaky croissant, you'll understand why they're the best choice.
Fried eggs can work, but it's best to hard-cook the yolk to prevent runniness.
Pre-grated cheese is ok to use on the sandwich. However, they have anti-caking agents in them, which prevent them from melting, as well as freshly grated cheese.
Enjoy this sandwich with fresh fruit, juice, milk, or coffee.
For a delicious brunch, serve them with pumpkin bread, or yogurt, and berry parfaits.
I hope you try this recipe! Please rate it and comment below. I love hearing from you! ❤️Print
Breakfast croissant sandwiches with fluffy eggs, melty cheese, and crispy bacon are perfect for weekday mornings or special weekend brunch.
- 8 slices thick-cut bacon
- 8 large eggs
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 4 large croissants
- 1 cup (about 3 ounces) grated Colby Jack cheese
Cook the Bacon
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Line a 13-inch x 18-inch baking sheet with aluminum foil. This will make clean-up easier. If you prefer, you can also spray the baking sheet with cooking spray instead of lining it with aluminum foil.
- Arrange bacon slices in a single layer on the backing sheet. Leave space between the slices.
- Bake the bacon for 10-20 minutes. Cooking time will vary depending on the thickness of the bacon.
- When bacon is crisp, remove from the oven and place the bacon on a plate lined with a paper towel to drain.
- Reduce oven temperature to 375 degrees F.
Cook the Eggs
- Break eggs into a medium bowl. Whisk with a fork or a whisk until well combined, and there are no streaks of egg white. Add salt and beat well.
- Place butter in a 10-inch non-stick skillet over medium heat. Once the butter has melted, add the beaten eggs. With a spatula or spoon, make large curds by pulling them across the bottom of the pan. Continue until the eggs are just set.
- Remove pan from heat.
Assemble the Sandwiches
- Line a 13-inch x 18-inch sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Cut the croissants in half horizontally with a bread knife or a serrated knife.
- Open the croissants and place them cut sides up on the prepared sheet pan.
- Place 2 slices of bacon on the bottom half of each croissant.
- Distribute ½ cup scrambled egg on top of the bacon on each croissant.
- Sprinkle ¼ cup grated cheese over the eggs of each of the croissants.
- Place the tops of the croissants on the filling mixture.
- Bake 8-10 minutes or until the tops of the croissants are slightly brown and the cheese has melted.
- Remove from oven and cool a few minutes before eating.
When slicing croissants, always use a bread knife or serrated knife as a regular knife can tear them apart due to their delicate texture.
- Serving Size: 1 each
- Calories: 631
- Sugar: 7.9 g
- Sodium: 1125.1 mg
- Fat: 41.3 g
- Carbohydrates: 32.5 g
- Protein: 31.1 g
- Cholesterol: 469.8 mg
Keywords: breakfast sandwich, croissant breakfast sandwich, breakfast croissant sandwich with eggs, cheese and bacon
Below are a few food safety tips.
- Do not use the same utensils on cooked food that previously touched raw meat
- Wash hands after touching raw meat
- Don't leave food sitting out at room temperature for extended periods
- Never leave cooking food unattended
There are links to Amazon for equipment that I use to make this recipe for your convenience. If you purchase the equipment, I'll receive a small commission. For more information, please read my policy.