This Queso Dip is the best! It is creamy, smooth, and has the perfect level of spice. Serve it with tortilla chips, or if you want a healthier option try broccoli or cauliflower florets.
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1 can Rotel tomatoes (do not drain)
- 1 pound Velveeta, cubed
- 1/2 pound Monterey Jack Cheese, shredded
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 3/4-1 cup chicken broth
- Combine diced onions and Rotel tomatoes in a medium saucepan. Cook on medium heat until most of the liquid has evaporated and the onions are translucent. Stirring occasionally
- Add the cubes of Velvetta. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook until the cheese has melted. Stirring occasionally.
- Add the grated Monterey Jack cheese, cumin, and chili powder and cook until the cheese has melted, stirring occasionally.
- Add 3/4 to 1 cup of chicken broth until the dip is the desired consistency.
- Be sure not to use pre-grated cheese because it will not melt correctly and add a grainy texture which is not desirable.
- Keep warm in a small crockpot.
- Serving Size: Tablespoon
- Calories: 72
- Sugar: 1.5 g
- Sodium: 298.9 mg
- Fat: 5.2 g
- Carbohydrates: 2.1 g
- Protein: 4.1 g
- Cholesterol: 17.7 mg
Keywords: #appetizer #cheesedip #easy #queso