A quick and easy dessert that is especially delicious with fresh summer strawberries. A perfect ending to a special meal or a casual get-together!
- 1/2 cup plain non-fat Greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp light brown sugar
- 1 tbsp vanilla, brandy, or grand mariner
- 1/2 cup heavy cream or heavy whipping cream
- 1 tbsp granulated sugar
- 4 cups halved, quartered or sliced strawberries
- Combine yogurt and brown sugar. Add vanilla, brandy, or grand mariner in a bowl.
- Stir the mixture until the brown sugar has dissolved, 1-2 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, whip heavy cream until it starts to thicken. Add sugar and whip until thick.
- Fold yogurt mixture into the whipped cream and combine well.
- Place 1/2 cup strawberries into serving dishes. Top with 1/4 cup of the topping/cream mixture. Enjoy!
- The heavy cream whips best if the bowl and wire whisk have been chilled in the refrigerator for 15 minutes.
- Be sure to closely watch the cream when it is in the mixer. It can easily turn into butter if it is over-whipped.
- The dessert can be made ahead of time. Chill the topping. When ready to serve, distribute the strawberries in serving dishes and then top them with chilled cream.
- This recipe is adapted from Genius Kitchen.
- Serving Size: 1/2 cup
- Calories: 220
- Sugar: 18.5 g
- Sodium: 21.5 mg
- Fat: 11.2 g
- Carbohydrates: 23.4 g
- Protein: 4.7 g
- Cholesterol: 34.9 mg