These scrambled eggs and puff pastry bundles are perfect for a celebratory brunch or a weekend breakfast. The delicious and elegant bundles are filled with creamy scrambled eggs, crisp bacon, and melty cheese wrapped in a flaky puff pastry.
- 3 slices bacon
- 4 ounces cheddar cheese
- 6 large eggs plus 1 egg for the egg wash
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 sheet puff pastry from a 17.3-ounce package
- optional: Everything Bagel Seasoning, grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Line an 18-inch by 13-inch sheet pan with parchment or spray it with cooking spray.
- Place slices of bacon on the sheet pan. Bake for 12 minutes or until the bacon is crisp. Flip the bacon halfway through cooking. Place the bacon on a sheet of paper towel to drain. Crumble or slice the bacon into small pieces.
- While the bacon is baking, grate the cheese.
- Crack 6 eggs into a medium-size bowl and whisk until smooth and well combined. There should be no white streaks. Add salt and pepper.
- Melt the butter in a medium non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add the egg mixture and crumbled bacon, and let the eggs cook for a few seconds without stirring them. With a spatula or spoon, make large curds by pulling them across the bottom of the pan. Continue until the eggs are almost set. There will still be a little liquid in the eggs.
- Roll out the puff pastry sheet on a lightly floured surface to form a 12-inch by 12-inch square. Cut the square into 9 squares, each 4-inches by 4-inches.
- Make an egg wash by whisking 1 egg with 1 tablespoon of water until well combined.
- Line an 18-inch by 13-inch sheet pan with parchment paper or spray with cooking spray.
- To make the bundles, place 2 tablespoons of scrambled eggs diagonally on the puff pastry square. Top with 2 tablespoons of cheese.
- Lift the one side of the puff pastry square and fold it over the scrambled eggs and cheese. Brush the puff pastry with egg wash and fold the opposite corner of the pastry over to make a bundle. Press to seal. Finish remaining bundles
- Brush the bundles with egg wash. Optional: Sprinkle bundles with everything bagel seasoning, salt, and pepper or grated parmesan cheese.
- Place bundles on the prepared pan. Bake at 400 °F for 15-20 minutes or until the puff pastry is golden brown and puffed.
- Serve immediately.
- Thaw the puff pastry overnight in the refrigerator.
- Keep the puff pastry cold, or it will be sticky and challenging to work with.
- The bundles will puff up better if the pastry is not too warm.
- Roll the dough out gently, or it won't be as flaky.
- Serving Size: 1 Bundle
- Calories: 302
- Sugar: 0.5 g
- Sodium: 389.6 mg
- Fat: 22.8 g
- Carbohydrates: 13.5 g
- Protein: 10.3 g
- Cholesterol: 146 mg
Keywords: eggs, brunch, Mother's day, Easter, Christmas, Easy, Puff Pastry