Shrimp cocktail is a classic appetizer guaranteed to be a hit at parties or other gatherings. Chilled shrimp and a tangy cocktail sauce are perfect pairings. The dish is not only delicious but also easy to make.
- 2 pounds 21-25 count, thawed, peeled, tail-on raw shrimp
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup ketchup
- 2 1/2 tablespoons old-fashioned horseradish, (not creamy)
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Spray a sheet pan with pan-release spray.
- In a bowl or directly on the sheet pan, toss shrimp with olive oil and salt.
- Place shrimp on a sheet pan. Be sure not to overcrowd the pan.
- Bake 4-5 minutes until the shrimp turns pink. Be careful not to overcook the shrimp.
- Place shrimp on a plate or shallow bowl and refrigerate until ready to use.
- In a small bowl (16 ounces), combine ketchup, horseradish, and lemon juice.
- Stir until combined. Refrigerator until ready to use.
Serve the shrimp on a platter garnished with lemon wedges. If the shrimp will be at room temperature longer than 30 minutes, place the platter of shrimp over a slightly larger platter or bowl lined with ice.
- Serving Size: 1 Shrimp dipped in Sauce
- Calories: 28
- Sugar: 1.4 g
- Sodium: 102.2 mg
- Fat: 0.8 g
- Carbohydrates: 1.7 g
- Protein: 3.7 g
- Cholesterol: 29.6 mg
Keywords: shrimp, appetizer, cocktail sauce, shrimp cocktail