Oven-roasted asparagus is a quick and easy side dish perfect for lunch or dinner.
- 2.25 pounds asparagus
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Place asparagus in a colander and wash them under cold running water.
- Pat them dry with a paper towel.
- Snap the stems off the asparagus. The asparagus will easily break when you bend it.
- Place the asparagus on a sheet pan that has been sprayed with pan release spray, lined with parchment paper or a silicone mat.
- Drizzle oil on the asparagus.
- Add the salt and pepper.
- Toss the asparagus to distribute oil and seasoning.
- Shake the pan side to side to distribute the asparagus.
- Place the pan in the oven and roast asparagus for 10-15 minutes until just tender.
- Remove the pan from the oven and serve.
1. Be sure not to overcook the asparagus because this will make it mushy.
2. Halfway through cooking, taste a spear to see if it is done. If not, cook for a few minutes longer.
- Serving Size: Portion
- Calories: 75
- Sugar: 3.2 g
- Sodium: 391 mg
- Fat: 4.9 g
- Carbohydrates: 6.7 g
- Protein: 3.8 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: roasted asparagus, asparagus, side, vegetable, roasted vegetable