This easy guacamole is for you if you don't want cilantro or tomatoes in your guac. You only need 5 minutes and a few ingredients to make this super tasty dip.
- 2 Hass Avocados
- 1/3 cup red onions
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- Wash the outside skin of the avocados.
- Cut the avocado in half, starting at the stem.
- Remove the pit by gently tapping a chef's knife on the pit and lifting the pit from the avocado. If the pit sticks to the knife, place the pit against the inner edge of a bowl and pull the knife away from the pit.
- Score the avocado. Then place a metal spoon between the flesh of the avocado and the peel and scoop it out. Place the diced avocado in a bowl.
- Dice the red onion into 1/8 -1/4 inch cubes. Add them to the avocado.
- Remove the peel from the garlic and crush the garlic in a garlic press. Add the garlic to the avocado and onion.
- Add the remaining ingredients, ground cumin, lime juice, and salt.
- Mash the mixture with the back of a fork or a potato masher to the desired consistency.
- Serve immediately or cover with plastic wrap, ensure the plastic wrap touches the guacamole, and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Guacamole can be stored in the refrigerator 2-3 days before it begins to brown.
- Serve with tortillas, chips, or veggies or as a topping with your favorite food.
1. Be sure only to use ripe avocados. Read above for more information.
- Serving Size: 2 tablespoons
- Calories: 50
- Sugar: 0.2 g
- Sodium: 147.9 mg
- Fat: 4.5 g
- Carbohydrates: 2.9 g
- Protein: 0.6 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: guacamole, guacamole without cilantro and tomato, avocado, dip guacamole dip