This delicious and easy arugula salad with lemon vinaigrette is ready in minutes. The peppery arugula is the perfect side for Friday night pizza, grilled meats, or a light lunch with a frittata or quiche.
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice, juice from 1 medium-size lemon
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- pinch of red pepper flakes (optional)
- 4 handfuls (about 5 cups) baby arugula
- 1-2 tablespoons lemon vinaigrette
- Place all the vinaigrette ingredients, except for the red pepper flakes, into a bowl or glass jar.
- Whisk or, if using a jar, shake 1 minute or until the vinaigrette is emulsified (thoroughly combined.
- If the lettuce has not been washed, rinse it in a colander and spin it dry in a salad spinner . If you do not have a salad spinner , lay the damp arugula on paper towels and blot dry as much as possible.
- Place lettuce in a serving bowl.
- Right before serving, drizzle 1-2 tablespoons of lemon vinaigrette on the arugula and toss until combined. The salad should be lightly dressed to prevent the arugula from getting soggy and clumping together.
- Sprinkle with red pepper flakes (optional).
- Toss lemon vinaigrette on the arugula right before serving to prevent the salad from becoming soggy.
- Do not store leftover dressed salad because the salad will be soggy and not appetizing.
Keywords: #salad, #argula salad, #side dish #lemon vinaigrette