Spicy chicken drumsticks that are perfect for a game day appetizer or a simple dinner.
- 4 each chicken drumsticks
- 1 tablespoon extra light olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/3 cup Franks RedHot®Buffalo Wings Sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Line a sheet pan with parchment paper or spray with pan release.
- Remove the skin by holding the bone of the drumstick while pulling the skin off the chicken.
- Pat drumsticks dry with a paper towel. Place the drumsticks on the sheet pan.
- Brush the drumsticks with oil.
- Season drumsticks with salt and pepper.
- Place the sheet pan in the preheated oven and bake for 10 minutes.
- While the chicken is cooking, combine Franks RedHot®Buffalo Wings Sauce, garlic powder, onion powder, and cayenne pepper in a bowl.
- Using tongs, flip the drumsticks and bake another 10 minutes or until the drumsticks are golden brown and reached 165° F.
- Once the chicken is done, remove the sheet pan from the oven.
- Set the oven temp to broil.
- Brush the sauce liberally all over the drumsticks.
- Place the pan back in the oven for 5 minutes until the sauce is hot and starts to brown.
- Remove the sheet pan from the oven.
- Be sure to dry the drumsticks so that it will brown.
- If you use frozen drumsticks, be sure to thaw them before baking.
- Leftovers should be stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- The drumsticks can be eaten cold.
- Serving Size: 1 drumstick
- Calories: 191
- Sugar: 2.2 g
- Sodium: 638.4 mg
- Fat: 8.1 g
- Carbohydrates: 4.7 g
- Protein: 23.8 g
- Cholesterol: 108.6 mg