Delicious roasted potatoes with onions and red peppers. Easy to prepare and perfect for a weekend brunch.
- 2 pounds Yukon Gold potatoes (-about 4 cups diced potatoes)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp course ground pepper
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 cup diced yellow onion
- 1/2 cup diced red pepper
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Spray pan with pan release, or line with slip matt or parchment paper.
- Wash potatoes.
- Dice potatoes into 1" cubes. Place in a bowl.
- Add oil, ground pepper and salt. Toss the potatoes.
- Place potatoes on the prepared sheet pan (affiliate link). Shake the pan to distribute the potatoes evenly.
- Place the sheet pan in the lower third of the oven. Bake 10 minutes.
- Add onions and red pepper. Toss the potatoes. Bake an additional 15-20 minutes until the potatoes are lighltly browned and when a knife easily inserted into the potato
- The potatoes should be cut as close to the same size cubes as possible so that they roast at the same time.
- The oven needs to be set at high heat in order for the potatoes to brown.
- The potatoes should be evenly spread out on the sheet pan (affiliate link) so that the potatoes roast instead of steam. A trick that works well to separate the potato cubes evenly is to shake the pan.
- Place the sheet pan in the lower third of the oven. This will help the potatoes roast quickly.
- Be sure to add the onions and red bell pepper halfway through cooking. This will ensure that they do not burn.
- A sheet pan is the best pan to use for roasting the potatoes. However, you can use a cast-iron pan, baking pan, stainless steel skillet, or broiler pan.
- Serving Size: 1/2 cup
- Calories: 105
- Sugar: 1.7 g
- Sodium: 394.5 mg
- Fat: 2.5 g
- Carbohydrates: 19.3 g
- Protein: 2.3 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg