This tasty Sheet Pan Chicken Dinner is a quick weeknight meal. It features chicken with simple roasted potatoes and carrots.
- 3 teaspoons of your favorite spice rub for chicken
- 3 teaspoons olive oil plus 2 1/2 tablespoons oil divided
- 3 skinless bone-in chicken thighs
- 13 ounces (about 5 8-inch) whole raw carrots
- 1 1/2 pounds ( 3 medium) yellow potatoes
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper divided
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Line sheet pan with foil and spray with cooking spray. If you do not want to line the pan with foil, spray the sheet pan with cooking spray.
- Remove the skin from the chicken thighs (optional).
- Dry the chicken with a paper towel
- Combine the spice mix with 3 teaspoons of oil.
- Rub the spice oil combination on the chicken and place the chicken on the pan.
- Wash carrots and cut off the stem and the tip. Slice the carrots into 3/4 inch pieces.
- Place the carrots on the sheet pan and drizzle 1 tablespoon oil on the carrots. Season with 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt and a 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Toss.
- Wash the potatoes and slice them into 3/4 inch cubes. Place the potatoes on the sheet pan and drizzle with 1 1/2 tablespoons of oil. Season with 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Toss
- Place pan in the oven and bake for 15 minutes. Rotate pan and bake an additional 15 minutes or until the vegetables are fork-tender and the chicken is slightly golden brown and has reached an internal temperature of 165°F. If the vegetables finish cooking before the chicken, remove them from the oven and cover them to keep them warm.
- Remove from the oven. Let rest 5 minutes so that the juices reabsorb into the chicken.
- Drizzle the chicken with pan juices and serve.
- Store leftovers in a sealed container for up to 3-4 days in the refrigerator. Reheat in a microwave or covered dish in the oven until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165°F.
* Nutrition analysis does not include sodium from the spice rub
* If you do not have a spice rub for the chicken, brush them with oil and season each chicken piece with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
* This recipe is for 3 serving because chicken thighs usually come 3 in a package. This recipe can easily be adjusted to feed more people.
Keywords: #chicken #sheetpan meal #onedish meal #easy weeknight meal #healthy