Restaurant-style salsa is simple to make at home in 5 minutes or less. Fire-roasted tomatoes and chipotle make this salsa a hit with family and guests.
- 1/4 cup diced yellow onions (1/2" rough dice)
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- 2 garlic cloves roughly chopped (1 teaspoon)
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can fire-roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 or 2 chipotle peppers in adobe sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 2 tablespoons fresh squeezed lime juice
- Place diced onions, cilantro, and garlic in the bowl of a food processor .
- Pulse 5 times or until the onions, cilantro, and garlic are minced.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the bowl of the food processor.
- Pulse 10 times or until the desired consistency.
- Spoon into a serving dish. Serve with corn tortilla chips.
- Pulse the onions, garlic, and cilantro before adding the remaining ingredients.
- Be sure to use fire-roasted tomatoes. It makes a difference.
- Chipotle peppers are key to the success of the salsa.
- Serving Size: 1 tablespoon
- Calories: 6
- Sugar: 0.8 g
- Sodium: 30 mg
- Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 1.4 g
- Protein: 0.2 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: #quickappetizer, #salsa, #fire-roastedsalsa, #restaurant-style salsa, #cannedtomatosalsa