This Greek salad with grilled chicken recipe is healthy and loaded with flavor. It is the perfect one-bowl meal that is fast and easy to make.
Greek Salad Dressing
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed (1 teaspoon crushed garlic)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano leaves
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
- 1 head Romaine lettuce (1 pound 11 ounces), should yield 7 cups sliced lettuce
- 10 cherry or grape tomatoes
- 1/2 English or hothouse cucumber
- 2 mini red bell peppers or 1/4 of a large red bell pepper
- 4 ounces feta cheese
- 2 chicken breasts, skinless and boneless (about 8 ounces each)
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano leaves
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon coarse ground pepper
Greek Salad Dressing (Vinaigrette)
- Combine all ingredients in a medium-sized bowl or 2 cup measuring cup.
- Whisk until combined. Set aside.
- Cut Lettuce. Place in a colander or basket of a salad spinner . Rinse under cold running water. Spin or dry with paper towels. Place lettuce in a bowl.
- Cut tomatoes in half. Place on top of the lettuce.
- Dice the cucumber into 3/4 inch cubes. Place on top of the lettuce.
- Dice/slice the red bell peppers. Place on top of the lettuce.
- Crumble the feta cheese. Place on top of the lettuce.
- Set salad aside while grilling the chicken.
- Pound chicken breasts so that they are an even thickness.
- Dry chicken breasts with a paper towel.
- Season the chicken with oregano, kosher salt, and coarse ground pepper. Set aside.
- Oil the grill grates by brushing oil (any kind) on a folded paper towel. Place the paper towel on the grates. Use a grill brush or tongs to spread a light coat of oil on the grates.
- Heat the grill on high for 10-15 minutes.
- Turn the grill down to medium-high. The temperature of the grill should be about 450°F.
- Place the chicken on the grill. Close the cover and grill 3-4 minutes.
- The chicken is done cooking once you can lift the chicken with tongs and the chicken releases easily. Turn the chicken and cook covered for 3-4 minutes.
- Remove from the grill. Test the internal temperature of the chicken by inserting the probe of the instant-read thermometer into the thickest part of the chicken breast. The internal temperature should be 160°F. It will reach the required 165°F temperature while it is resting. If the temperature of the chicken is not 160°F put the chicken back on the grill for a few more minutes. Be careful not to overcook the chicken or it will be dry and tough. The chicken will have nice brown grill marks and be firm to the touch.
- Cover the chicken and let it rest for 5-8 minutes.
- Drizzle 2-3 tablespoons of the vinaigrette over the salad and toss. Add more dressing if desired but the salad should not be drenched in dressing. Otherwise, it will be soggy. Divide the salad into 4 individual portions. I like to serve the salad in individual bowls.
- Sliced the chicken and lay a half breast of the chicken on top of each salad. Drizzle the meat in each bowl with 1-2 teaspoons of dressing.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Be sure the chicken is thawed.
- To ensure that it is juicy, check the temperature of the chicken and do not overcook it.
- Time-saving tip: Make the dressing and prep the salad ingredients early in the day. Keep them covered in the refrigerator.
Keywords: Salad, Chicken, Healthy,