Chocolate dipped strawberries are an elegant dessert and so simple to make. This recipe is unique because you add butterscotch to the chocolate to make velvety smooth chocolate that is delicious with the strawberries.
- 16 oz pkg fresh strawberries
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate baking chips
- 1 cup butterscotch baking chips
- Wash strawberries.
- Dry each strawberry with a paper or cloth towel.
- Place dry strawberry on a paper or cloth towel.
- Place a sheet of foil on the kitchen counter or on a sheet pan .
- Place chocolate and butterscotch chips in a microwavable container. I recommend that you use a pyrex measuring cup.
- Place measuring cup in the microwave and heat on high for 30 seconds.
- Stir the chocolate-butterscotch mixture.
- Place the measuring cup back in the microwave and heat for 30 more seconds.
- Remove the measuring cup from the microwave and stir until the chips are completely melted and the mixture is smooth.
- Holding the stem of the strawberry, dip the strawberry into the chocolate mixture. Remove and let the excess chocolate drip off the strawberry.
- Turn the strawberry upside down so that chocolate does not drip, and place it on the foil. Continue with the remaining strawberries.
- Let the strawberries rest until the chocolate is set and firm.
- Enjoy these delicious chocolate-dipped strawberries.
- Be sure to use fresh strawberries that are firm and free from any bruises.
- The strawberries must be dry before you dip them in the chocolate mixture.
- Melt the chocolate and butterscotch chips carefully or they will seize and be hard. It is important to melt the chips in 15-30 second increments. Be sure to stir between heating.
- I like to use a pyrex measuring cup so that there is enough depth to dip the strawberries. If you use a shallow bowl it will be more difficult to dip the strawberry.
- Use foil to set the strawberries on while the chocolate is getting firm. Other surfaces might stick to the chocolate.
- Store the chocolate-dipped strawberries lightly covered with plastic wrap in a cool location away from heat sources.
- Eat the strawberries the same day you make them.
- If necessary, they can be stored covered in the refrigerator overnight.
Keywords: #Valentine's Day #Mother's Day #Dessert #Strawberries #Chocolate