You only need three ingredients to make moist and delicious grilled chicken breasts. Pair them with a salad or grilled vegetable and you have the perfect light summer meal.
- 2 (8 oz each) Skinless and boneless chicken breasts, thawed
- 1 tsp Kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp Coarse ground pepper
- Place chicken breasts on a plastic cutting board. If you have a wooden cutting board, place a sheet of plastic wrap on the board, and then lay the chicken on top of the plastic.
- Lay a sheet of plastic wrap on top of the chicken. Pound chicken with a meat mallet or rolling pin until it is even in thickness, about 3/4". Try to get the thickest part of the chicken to be about the same thickness as the thinnest part of the breast.
- Season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper (1/2 tsp salt, 1/8 tsp pepper on each side of the chicken).
- Clean the grill grates with a grill brush.
- Dip a piece of paper towel in vegetable oil and using a grill brush or tongs rub the grill grates with the oiled paper towel.
- Heat the covered gas grill for 10-15 minutes on high.
- Lower the heat to medium-high (about 450°F).
- Place the chicken in a single layer and spaced 2-3 inches apart on the grill grates. Close the grill lid.
- Grill the chicken 3-4 minutes and then turn them over. Pro tip: If the chicken sticks to the grate, it is not ready to be turned.
- Grill the chicken covered for an additional 3-4 minutes.
- Remove the chicken from the grill and test the temperature of the chicken using an instant-read thermometer. The temperature should be 160°F.
- Let the chicken rest for 5-8 minutes. The final temperature of the grilled chicken should be 165°F.
- Slice the chicken and serve.
- The chicken must be completely thawed before cooking it.
- The chicken breasts must be an even thickness. This will ensure that the entire breast cooks at the same time.
- Do not overcook the chicken. Grill the chicken breast for 3-4 minutes on each side. Take the temperature of the chicken and once it has reached 160 F, take it off the grill. Note: While it is resting, it will reach 165 F.
- Let the chicken rest covered for 5-8 minutes before slicing or serving it.
- Seasoning is important. Unless you are on a sodium-reduced diet, use the full amount of salt called for or in the recipe. This will help ensure that the chicken will be tasty. Chicken needs salt!
- Serving Size: 1/2 Chicken Breast
- Calories: 136
- Sugar: 0 g
- Sodium: 361 mg
- Fat: 3 g
- Carbohydrates: 0 g
- Protein: 25.5 g
- Cholesterol: 82.7 mg
Keywords: chicken, healthy chicken, grilled chicken, moist chicken breast