This easy sheet pan chicken dinner is a quick, flavor-packed weeknight meal. Chicken, potatoes, and zucchini are tossed with Italian herb oil and roasted. During the last 10 minutes, cherry tomatoes are added to round out this delicious meal.
Spiced Oil Ingredients
- Zest from one lemon
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried Oregano
- 3 cloves garlic pressed or 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
Sheet Pan Chicken Ingredients
- 6 small bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs (1 1/4 pounds)
- 1 pound Yukon Gold or yellow potatoes
- 3 zucchini (12 ounces)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes cut in half through the stem
- Fresh chopped parsley or basil.
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Spray an 18x13 inch sheet pan with cooking spray. Alternatively, you can line them with foil and spray the foil with cooking spray or line the pan with parchment paper.
- Zest one lemon, press the garlic, and add the rest of the ingredients for the spice oil into a small bowl. Whisk in olive oil until combined.
- Remove the skin from the chicken.
- Wash the vegetables.
- Slice the potatoes in ¼ inch rounds.
- Slice the zucchini in ½ inch rounds
- Cut the cherry tomatoes in half through the stem.
- Place the potatoes and zucchini in a bowl and toss with herb oil.
- Add the chicken to the vegetables and toss.
- Place the chicken on 1-2 prepared sheet pans. Spread in an even layer. Do not crowd.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Toss the tomatoes in the same bowl that chicken and vegetables were tossed with herb oil.
- Remove the sheet pan(s) from the oven and distribute the tomato halves over the chicken and vegetables.
- Increase the oven temperature to 450°F.
- Place the sheet pan back in the oven for 10 minutes or until the chicken reaches 165°F and the potatoes are done. Let the chicken rest for 5 minutes to reabsorb their juices.
- Serving suggestions: serve with garlic bread and a side salad.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container for up to 3-4 days.
- Reheat in the microwave or oven until the chicken reaches 165°F.
- Don't overcrowd the chicken and vegetables. Otherwise, the moisture cannot evaporate from them and the meal will be soggy.
- Cut the potatoes and zucchini in uniform sizes.
- For extra browning, preheat the sheet pan so the food sizzles when it touches the pan.
- Test the temperature of the chicken to be sure it is done. It should be 165°F.
- To ensure the potatoes are done test them by inserting a fork or pairing knife. If it goes in easily, the potatoes are cooked.
- *Nutrition Disclaimer
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 294
- Sugar: 0.9 g
- Sodium: 687.7 mg
- Fat: 13.4 g
- Carbohydrates: 19.7 g
- Protein: 23.8 g
- Cholesterol: 68.9 mg
Keywords: chicken, sheet pan meal, potatoes, zucchini