Cozy, easy layered chicken enchilada casserole with green chili sauce is the perfect weeknight meal. It takes less than 15 minutes to put together and is made with only 4 ingredients. Easy, cozy, and 4 ingredients? You can't beat it!
- 8-ounces Monterrey Jack Cheese
- 6 corn tortillas
- 3 cups shredded chicken
- 2 1/2 cups green chili enchilada sauce
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Spray the bottom and side of an 8" square casserole pan with cooking spray to prevent food from sticking to the pan.
- Grate the cheese with a box grater or shred it in a food processor.
- Tear 3 tortillas and place them on the bottom of the casserole dish.
- Top the tortillas with half of the shredded chicken.
- Layer half of the shredded cheese on the chicken.
- Top with half of the sauce.
- Repeat layering, starting with the tortillas and ending with the sauce.
- Bake uncovered for 35 minutes or until the casserole edges are golden brown, the sauce is bubbly, and the internal temperature has reached 165°F.
- Let rest 10 minutes before serving.
- Top with cilantro, sour cream, diced tomatoes, black olives or a combination of these.
- The casserole can be made early in the day, stored in the refrigerator, and baked in time for dinner. Allow an extra 10 minutes for baking. Be sure to put the cold casserole in the oven as it is heating to prevent the casserole dish from breaking. This is especially important if the pan you are using is made of glass.
Keywords: #chicken #healthy casserole #chickene enchiladas #green chili sauce