This kale and quinoa salad with a lemon dressing is a light meal on its own, or pair it with grilled chicken or pork for a heartier meal.
- 1/2 cup quinoa
- 5 leaves Lacinato kale (3 cups shredded)
- 1 cup grape or cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice (juice from 1 lemon)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2-1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Cook the quinoa. Bring 1 cup water to boil in a small to medium saucepan over medium heat. Add quinoa, cover pan, and reduce heat to low. Simmer 8-10 minutes or until all the water has absorbed. Let rest 5 minutes. Transfer to salad bowl to cool.
- While the quinoa is cooking, prepare the kale, tomatoes, and lemon dressing.
- Rinse kale under cold running water. Place kale in a salad spinner or dry with paper towels. Remove the stems from the kale. Stack the leaves and slice them into 1/4 inch strips.
- Rinse tomatoes and cut them in half or fourths, depending on their size.
- Make the lemon dressing by combining lemon juice, olive oil, and salt. Whisk together until the dressing is emulsified.
- Once the quinoa is cool, add the kale, tomatoes, and feta cheese. Toss. Pour the lemon dressing on the salad and toss until combined.
- Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate until serving.
- Salad can be eaten at room temperature.
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 169
- Sugar: 1 g
- Sodium: 238.5 mg
- Fat: 12.4 g
- Carbohydrates: 12.9 g
- Protein: 3.1 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: kale and quinoa salad, kale, quinoa, salad, healthy,