Rum Balls are a boozy and delicious treat. Perfect for cookie trays and holiday gifting. They are an easy no-bake dessert.
- 1 cup confectioners sugar (note you will need additional confectioners sugar to roll the rum balls in)
- 1/2 cup dark rum
- 1/3 cup cocoa
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1-11 ounce box vanilla wafers
- 1 cup pecans
- In a medium-size bowl, combine confectioners sugar, rum, cocoa, and light corn syrup. Whisk until well combined.
- In a food processor, finely chop pecans. Put the ground pecans in a bowl and set it aside.
- In a food processor, finely chop/crush vanilla wafers.
- Add the pecans to the vanilla wafers in the food processor bowl and pulse a few times to combine.
- Pour liquid ingredients into the pecans and vanilla wafer mixture. Pulse the mixture in the food processor until a thick dough forms.
- Scoop dough with a #40 scoop (1-1/2 tablespoons) and roll the dough into balls.
- Roll each ball in confectioners sugar.
- Place rum balls in an airtight container.
- Store in the refrigerator for up to 1 month or freeze for 2 months.
- Before serving, you may need to re-roll the rum balls in confectioners sugar.
- The rum balls get better with age. It is best to let them rest at least 2 days before you eat them.
- Store them in the refrigerator, or they will get stale and lose flavor.
- Be sure that your pecans are fresh and not rancid.
- Use good quality cocoa.
- If the dough becomes too soft to roll into balls, place it in the refrigerator for 10 minutes.
- Serving Size: 1 each
- Calories: 49
- Sugar: 6.1 g
- Sodium: 0.8 mg
- Fat: 2.4 g
- Carbohydrates: 7.1 g
- Protein: 0.5 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: Rum, vanilla wafers, Rum balls, holiday dessert, cookie tray easy rum balls